Wedding Season is upon us and there’s nowhere more beautiful to celebrate your love than New Orleans. Choosing the perfect New Orleans wedding invitation sets the tone for your upcoming nuptials and gives your guests a taste of the festivities to come. Luckily, DocuMart New Orleans has talented graphic artists at both convenient locations to help make your wedding invitation dream a reality.
The Emily Post Institute, the original expert in etiquette, shared the following wedding invitation advice:
There are no hard-and-fast rules about design–above all, it’s important to create something that you like and that reflects your wedding plans. However, some guidelines will help you sort through all the options.
- For a formal wedding, traditional, classic fonts like Georgia, Times New Roman, and Book Antiqua are timeless choices that set a dignified, restrained tone that never goes out of style. A soft cream, ivory, or white paper will enhance the effect.
- For a more informal event choose a typeface like Comic Sans, Courier New, or Symbol for a contemporary look, and pair it with non-traditional paper colors.
- Check legibility, especially if you have a lot of information on the invitation. Decorative fonts can become less legible at small sizes.
- Two complementary fonts on an invitation may add impact. Try using a script for the bride and groom’s names and a regular serif or even a sans serif for the text, for example.
- If your wedding has a signature color or theme, keep an eye out for invitations that use those colors or elements. This palette or theme can continue throughout all the related printed materials, from programs to place cards.
- While it is fine to use colored paper, be aware that black-bordered paper used to be reserved for sending death announcements.
DocuMart can make your invitation an interesting and visually appealing work of art. You can choose from standard cuts like rounded corners and invitations with negative space or have a shape special-made for your big day. Let DocuMart’s New Orleans Wedding Invitation specialists help you design the best invitation for your wedding!